RI line in Blackstone to Concord
In 1930, 126 went from Uxbridge along modern 16 to Milford, then through Holliston to Framingham. It passed through Framingham, Framingham Ctr and Sudbury (along Edgell Road, presumably) and into Concord. It headed north from Concord to Carlisle, Chelmsford and finally ended at US 3. By 1933, the section north of Chelmsford had become MA 4. By 1936, the route was moved to its current path from Framingham to Concord. By 1939, it existed as it does now south of the multiplex with 16, which took over the road to Uxbridge. The route was truncated to end at MA 2 by 1954.
[flickr-gallery mode=”search” tags=”MA 126″ user_id=”80252055@N02″]